Benefits for Freelance Employees (U.S.)
Review the sick leave laws specific to your work location with the following link: Find My Sick Leave.
If you are covered under sick leave legislation, you can log into the Creative Circle Timecard Portal to see how much sick leave you have accrued (if any). Just go to the My Data tab and look for your “Sick Time Balance.” Although you may begin to accrue and view sick leave as soon as you’re on an assignment, sick leave may not be used until the 90th calendar day after your start date with Creative Circle.
- Sick leave cannot be claimed for the same hours that are claimed as regular working hours.
- As with all timecards, sick leave requests should be turned in promptly. Requests for sick leave that are submitted more than 21 days after the actual date(s) of the sick leave may be denied.
- Unused paid sick leave will not be paid out upon termination of an assignment.
- If you are rehired within 12 months of the date of your last assignment, any previously accrued but unused paid sick leave will be reinstated.
- Creative Circle may require reasonable documentation of the reason for requesting sick leave lasting three or more consecutive days.
Questions regarding sick leave can be sent to email@example.com.
Training Pay Rate
- New York
For a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
All injuries or illnesses you believe to be work-related must be reported immediately, even if it appears no medical attention is required.
- First and foremost, inform your supervisor on site.
- Call 800.800.5003 to report your injury. If you are unable to get through, please call 877.854.6877.
- You will be asked for a Search Code which is: ASGN.
- Identify yourself as an ASGN/Creative Circle employee (not the client), located at 26745 Malibu Hills Road, Calabasas, CA.
- You will be given treatment instructions, if needed, by a registered nurse on the line.
- Be sure to keep all paperwork from any medical visits.
After reporting your injury:
Once the injury is reported, a Workers’ Comp Representative from ASGN will follow up with you. Immediately after, please notify your Recruiter/HR and inform them of what has occurred and your current status.
Timecards & Payroll
Timecards are due and must be approved by Monday at 5pm Pacific Time. Some clients may require an earlier submission time. Please confirm with your recruiter if you have any questions. Any timecard approved after the deadline will be paid out the following week.
You can log into the timecard portal and check the status of your timecard by clicking on the “Timecards” tab, selecting your assignment and scrolling to the week ending date in question. A timecard that lists with a red status still requires attention before it can be paid out.
- Authorized — Timecard has been approved by the client and is in transit to Creative Circle.
- Awaiting Checking — Timecard has been submitted but needs to pass system “error checking” before being handed over to the client.
- Awaiting Overtime Review — Occurs when a candidate is on more than one assignment. All timecards for the assignments will need to be submitted before Payroll can release the timecards to the client for approval.
- Missing — You have not yet created/saved a timecard for the listed week-ending.
- Not Submitted — You have created/saved the timecard but have not yet submitted it to the client.
- Processed — Timecard is in its final state — authorized by client and received by Creative Circle.
- Rejected — Timecard was rejected by the client (with comments) and is back with you for revision.
- Unauthorized — Timecard has been submitted to the client but client has not authorized.
Remember that it is your responsibility to obtain client authorization on your timecard.
If you are signed up for direct deposit, your check will hit on Friday, pending the timely approval of your timecard on Monday.
- Please note that if your timecard is authorized after the Monday deadline, your check will be processed for direct deposit the following week.
If you are not signed up for direct deposit, your physical check will be send out in the mail on Thursday, pending the timely approval of your timecard. We highly recommend signing up for direct deposit so you get paid as soon as possible.
- Please note that if your timecard is authorized after the Monday deadline, your check will be processed and mailed the following week on Thursday. All checks are mailed out of our Los Angeles office, so please allow ample time for receipt.
To sign up for direct deposit enrollment information:
We recommend that you enroll in direct deposit as soon as you are booked on an assignment. Once you first sign up for the direct deposit, there is a 10-14 day processing time frame for the direct deposit to go live. As a reminder, checks going out via direct deposit will hit on Friday, pending the timely approval of your timecard.
Reach out to let your recruiter know that your assignment has ended; they can update the end date to stop the emails.
Note: If any timecard for the assignment is listed as ‘Not Submitted’ or ‘Rejected,’ you will continue to receive email reminders until the timecard is submitted. (Please delete the timecard if a submitted timecard already exists for the same week-ending.)
Please login to ADP Self-Service and confirm that your address, direct deposit account and withholding information is correct.
If you have not yet registered for ADP Self-Service, please register and sign up for direct deposit. We recommend you sign up for direct deposit as soon as you are booked on an assignment. If you’re new, please wait until after receiving your first freelance job confirmation email from a Recruiter before registering for ADP Workforce Now.
To ensure timely processing of your timecards, please be sure you are submitting timecards for all of your assignments at the same time each week, and as early as possible. Payroll reviews all timecards for the candidates who are on multiple assignments prior to the timecards going to the related clients. To properly do this, we must have all timecards submitted (even Not Worked ones — see next FAQ) in time for us to review them as a set and forward them on to the clients before the weekly deadline.
If your assignment has ended, please let your recruiter know. But if your assignment is still going and you just had a week when you didn’t work for the client, the system will still require a timecard. You will need to submit a NW (Not Worked) timecard to clear the system. To do so, type NW into any ‘hrs’ field and click ‘Submit For Online Authorization.’ The timecard will not go to your authorizer but will instead be used to clear the system and allow you to move on to the next week.
- If you are using Print submittal, submit the timecard but there’s no need to print it or share it!
- If you are using Email submittal, submit the timecard but email it only to yourself, not the client.
Manually signed timecards should be faxed to (888) 988-9420. You will receive an email confirmation when your timecard is received.
If you do not have access to a fax machine, you may take a picture of your timecard with a smart phone (make sure the picture includes the ENTIRE AREA of the timecard page and is LEGIBLE) and email it to your payroll representative. For a list of payroll emails, see https://creativecircle.backofficeportal.com/ContactUs.aspx.
Creative Circle offers three forms of submissions. Please choose one of the following forms for submission.
- Submit And Print For Fax Authorization — Use to print the timecard (then get signed and fax to Creative Circle); is followed by a Print Timecard For Sign And Authorization button.
- Submit And Email For Fax Authorization — Use to email a PDF of the timecard to the client (then get signed and fax to Creative Circle); will take up to 45 minutes to reach the client.
- Submit For Online Authorization — Use to submit the timecard to the client’s portal and send a heads-up email to the client (will be grayed out if the client has not created their portal account — if so, ask the client to activate his/her account, or use one of the above submittal methods).
The first thing to ask yourself is, “Was the timecard authorized by your client by the deadline?” To check if it was authorized, log onto the timecard portal, go to the “Timecards” tab and select the assignment in question, scroll down to the week ending in which you are missing a payment(s), and check the date the timecard(s) was authorized. Remember that any timecard that misses Monday’s deadline is paid out the following week.