Creative Circle gives back in a number of ways, including charitable donations, volunteer opportunities, socially conscious policies, and local investment. Community is one of our four core values, and we have a full internal department dedicated to overseeing these efforts and all aspects of community development.
Each year, every Creative Circle office, division, department, and employee resource group (ERG) selects a nonprofit organization to receive a charitable donation. We are proud to contribute to organizations that support an array of social issues, including but certainly not limited to:
- Arts and culture: Art from Ashes, Free Arts, Project Performing Arts
- Community development: Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Habitat For Humanity International
- Education: Access Books, Children’s Scholarship Fund, Girls Who Code, Living Classrooms
- Environment: National Park Foundation, National Forest Foundation, The Boundless School
- Food aid: Feed Ontario, Feeding America, Freestore Foodbank Foundation, Share Our Strength, World Central Kitchen
- Health: Alzheimer’s Association, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Be the Match, Charlie’s Army Foundation, HopeKids, Mental Health America
- Public affairs: Anti-Defamation League, The Trevor Project, Planned Parenthood
Additionally, when our employees reach ten years with Creative Circle, they are rewarded with one of two options — taking a trip and receiving a $2,500 reimbursement, or donating $2,500 to a 501c3 non-profit charity of their choice and receiving a $1,000 bonus. Through this program, we’re proud to have donated more than $62,000 to 25+ organizations.
Every Creative Circle employee receives an annual charity day — eight paid hours to support programs that positively impact their own community. Some offices or teams take their charity days together as a group, to create a shared spirit of philanthropy.
To ease the process of planning their charity days and other volunteer work, we use the social impact platform, Millie. Millie allows Creative Circle employees to find in-person or remote volunteer opportunities and support nonprofits via one-time or recurring donations. Through Millie, employees can also gift charitable dollars to other Circlers, to donate to a charity of their choice. In our first four months of using Millie, employees volunteered more than 150 hours and the company overall donated nearly $70,000.
Other CSR Initiatives
Each day, we work to better ourselves and the world around us. Some of our additional commitments include:
- Fostering an inclusive, fair, and empowering work environment that respects race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and physical abilities
- Inclusive recruiting via a variety of job boards, in order to reach a wide range of candidates
- Investing in future creatives by providing career counseling in local schools and colleges
- Partnerships with organizations that promote diversity in the creative space
- Sustainable best practices, including minimizing our corporate carbon footprint, remote/hybrid work options, and energy efficiency
- Mental health and wellness programs, plus policies that maintain work/life balance for our internal employees
- Supporting ERGs through executive sponsorship, professional development, community outreach, networking, recruiting, and shared experience