Juneteenth marks a day of recognition, restoration, and celebration. A day that celebrates African Americans’ resilience, spirit, and strength throughout history. As we all know, creatives make the world go round! Black voices have used their passions to uplift communities, amplify voices, and push toward a better future. So, we asked Black Women of Creative Circle, a Creative Circle Employee Resource Group (ERG), to share a playlist that helps them celebrate and commemorate this day. Our list is meant to celebrate the voices that have been a driving force to uplift generations of African Americans through their passions, activism, and infinite creativity.
1. Wade in the Water by Ella Jenkins
2. How I Got Over by Mahalia Jackson
3. What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
4. They Don’t Care About Us by Michael Jackson
5. I Am Not My Hair by India.Arie
6. Alright by Kendrick Lamar
7. FIND YOUR WAY BACK by Beyonce