Corporate Events Specialist

Location Jersey City, NJ (Fully remote)
Starts On or around February 1st
Duration 40 hours/week, 6-8 months
Status Freelance
Rate DOE
Our client, a financial services company, is looking for a Corporate Events Specialist to assist their team, fully remote, 40 hours a week for 6-8 months.

The Corporate Events Specialist will work with the larger 22 person event team and directly with the immediate 5 person Corporate Events team; their events include hosted dinners, receptions etc. and some 3rd party events.

Event experience is required; Cvent experience is desired but not mandatory. Working knowledge of event marketing and event technology is desired.

The Corporate Events Team plays a critical role in supporting events, marketing and communications campaigns and has responsibility for planning, coordinating, and executing a variety of events for both employees and clients. The Corporate Events Specialist will have the opportunity to partner directly with senior event specialists, key stakeholders, and executives across business lines and regions, understanding their unique needs and executing both hosted events and third-party tradeshows. The ideal candidate is a versatile, collaborative communicator who is eager to learn, possesses grace under pressure, delivers high-quality work, and drives projects forward.

Corporate Events Specialist Responsibilities
Work efficiently with stakeholders and marketing partners to support and execute integrated event marketing plans
Assist in planning and executing client-facing and internal events, both virtually and in-person
Assist in coordinating a diverse variety of business events, sponsorships, and tradeshows; elements of which include, but are not limited to agenda development, preparation and proofing of written/graphic materials, vendor/site research, contract negotiation, expense management, food and beverage selection, audio visual management, budget reconciliation and post-event analysis
Work closely with management to develop the event profile (goal, responsibilities, budgets, timelines, etc.) scheduling the date of the event, securing venues, digital platform logistics, negotiating contracts, planning, and coordinating the event
Create registration websites and custom email communications including invitations, reminders, and confirmations on Cvent
Provide operational event support, including but not limited to: onboarding of vendor relationships, processing invoices; privacy topics, tracking and logging of gift and compliance entries, coordinating shipments to conferences/events, ordering supplies, and other operational event support
Research and coordinate fulfillment of promotional items for general and specific event needs, including inventory management with merchandise vendor(s)

Corporate Events Specialist Qualifications
Proven track record of supporting successful small to mid-scale events and tradeshows, preferably within financial services
Strong project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines, juggle multiple priorities and execute flawlessly with attention to detail
Experience with virtual/digital events and event technology tools and platforms, including Webex, Microsoft teams, BrightTalk, and Cvent; natural comfort level and eagerness to learn new applications and systems
Experience, comfort, and maturity to interact and work well with peers and business partners at all levels, including executives
Proactive and collaborative multitasker with strong and effective communications skills
A passionate and high-energy style and positive mind-set
Proficiency in MS Office Suite

Cvent experience is ideal, even just a little, or at least someone who is tech savvy. This team uses Cvent for invitations and reporting and 25% of the role involves Cvent while the other 75% is event support. Various administrative event related duties for executing events will also be part of the day to day (invitation lists, onsite details, etc.).

Soft skills: a go-getter, detail-oriented and tech-savvy.

This is a fully remote freelance Corporate Events Specialist opportunity starting in early February!

Submit resume (and samples if applicable) to: Lauren.Calabrese@jobalert.creativecircle.com


About Creative Circle
Creative Circle is a recruiting agency, and we proudly match professionals with companies looking for talented team members. The above listing is for a role with one of our clients. Our connections at top companies get your resume in front of the right people and access to amazing positions that aren't posted anywhere else. If you’re a good fit for this role (or another we're currently working on), a local recruiter will reach out to schedule a screening interview. We present only the top candidates to our clients.

For Creative Circle to represent you for this opportunity, you must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need of employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.