||Proofreaders and Copy Editors - Full Time - agency background
|| Full Time
Our client is a renowned telecommunications company that is currently building their own internal creative agency.
Due to this growth, they will be needing 3 Proofreaders AND 3 Copy Editors to join their team full time (please keep scrolling for Copy Editor position details).
If you fit the role requirements below, please let us know which role you are applying for and in a few bullet points why you would be a good fit for either role. In the bullets, please include what agencies you worked with, specific campaigns you edited/proofread, who you worked with internally, etc.
PROOFREADER ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read & provide comments on all advertising / promotional, design and copy projects (print & digital) to ensure accuracy of spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax and context.
- Review accuracy of references, web addresses, phone numbers and ensure client, legal and compliance annotations are correctly interpreted and addressed.
- Ensure compliance with brand guidelines.
- Ensure correct usage and presentation of company and brand trademarks & logos.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of layout components. (spacing, capitalization, etc.) & overall continuity, consistency, clarity and presentation.
- Maintain strict adherence to deadlines.
- Create/update proofreading best practices and consultation guides.
- Interact with account managers to resolve issues, negotiate revisions and verify information whenever necessary.
- Communicate clearly and promptly with manager and studio staff.
- 3+ years proofreading experience from an external or in-house agency
- Ability to review complex materials including all graphics, texts, multimedia, websites and charts with attention to detail
- Proficiency with AP and/or Chicago Manual of Style and standard proofreading marks
- Strong project management skills with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
COPY EDITOR ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write & produce original and credible marketing and creative copy according to project specifications / creative brief.
- Execute writing requests with accuracy, producing zero errors in work.
- Research clients, their competitors and the target audience to support creative strategy and inform the execution.
- Collaborate with design team to meet specific project objectives.
- Ensure messaging brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
- Adhere to regulatory and compliance regulations.
- Engage in professional development to continuously grow in profession and remain competitive with outside services.
COPY EDITOR REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years copy editing experience from an in-house or external agency
- Please send a portfolio of work (if you have one)
- Proficiency with AP and/or Chicago Manual of Style
- Ability to cut down verbose copy to highlight the essence of the main message
- Understand writing applications in traditional and emerging media
- Demonstrated ability to adapt style of copy to various audiences, purposes, pr media
- Ability to present creative work
- Experience working within legal & compliance parameters
Submit resume (and samples if applicable) to: NY31@jobalert.creativecircle.com
We are an E-Verify Company
Creative Circle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Creative Circle will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact your Recruiter (the person you'll be interviewing with) or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements.