One of the Bay Area's best known search engine giants is seeking a Designer to assist their team.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from crafting user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes.
- You’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—ranging from novice to sophisticated users.
- At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Please respond highlighting the EXACT skills that apply to you.
- Bachelors/Advanced degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, Computer Science, or a related field in lieu of degree 6-10 years of relevant work experience
- 4 years of experience as User experience designer
- Proficiency with Sketch and other industry standard design tools.
- Proven track record of designing and shipping successful software design experiences for multiple device types and contexts
- Strong core interaction design skills, knowledge of the user-centered design methodologies, and a good understanding of usability
- Fluency with visual and interaction design tools as well as ability to work within a highly technical environment; good understanding of technical requirements and limitations
- Experience collaborating with user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers
- Experience designing enterprise s/w applications
Bonus if you have:
- Prototyping skills are preferred
- Strong leadership skills and product-minded thinking
- Independence, agility, and the ability to navigate ambiguity
- Platform design experience and/or deep knowledge of both web and application design
- Strong visual design skills
This is an onsite freelance opportunity in Mountain View. Public Transportation accessible via company shuttle.
Submit resume (and samples if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an E-Verify Company